SELF PITY IS A DISTRACTION!



Lost a job? Lost a loved one? Failed at a task? Failed relationships? Wasted efforts? Heartbreaks? Betrayals? Negative feedback? 

What do you do when you feel like your energy tank is fully drained?

A few days back, I was down. I had a piece of sad news to deal with, negative feedback from two important areas of my life that I have been putting so much effort and concrete hopes in, leaving me extremely drained.

I talked to a friend of mine and after all the advice she gave, all I could say was “my energy level is 0.0001%” (I decided to keep that .0001% as a reserve, lol).

I went ahead to tell her how I was waiting to get home so I could unleash the tears I had been saving up all day.

On my way home, I decided to reflect deeply (thanks to traffic) and I told myself that if those tears I was planning on going to shed were tears of self-pity, then it didn’t make sense (see me analyzing my feelings, lol) and of course, it did not.

On getting home, I had so much to do that I did not even have the time to dwell on what happened during the day.

Later that night, I told that my friend that I was so busy that I did not remember that I had "crying" as part of my schedule for the evening.

This left me wondering how many things would have been left undone because I was wallowing in self-pity.

It is important to understand that distractions come to take you off-track on the pathway to the achievement of your goals and self-pity is one very big distraction.

This is life, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose, but we must never stop moving. If you keep sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself, nothing will change!

Feedbacks, whether negative or positive are nature’s way of telling us “you tried”.

The twist to this is, there are days when you can’t just pretend that you can’t feel the pain burning up inside you or the tears welling up in your eyes. When you feel this way, cry if you must, but don’t stop moving.

For me, I believe that the best is yet to come, so no matter what happens, we (my body, soul and spirit) move!

Comments

  1. Yes oooo
    we move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our failures don't define us, it's all part of the process, we move. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agbo Dorcas
    This is inspiring...
    More wins than you could ever imagine are coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amidst the odds we should keep moving...that's the winning attitude.Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IN LOVING MEMORY - 6

My love letter

Two Years Later